16 Feb 2011

Why it is not over in Egypt and Tunisia

I don't believe the uprisings in either of those coutries were triggered by political motives. Callous leaderships were factors, but hardly the only ones.

The "democratic uprising" tag is largely a media spin! The core issue remains unaddressed: IT IS HUNGER.

I don't want to be right about this... But I believe these two nations have just BEGUN their downward spiral. And their experiences hold potential life-saving lessons for those of us who haven't had to deal with a similar situation... Yet.

PLEASE DON'T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF EGYPT AND TUNISIA.

The media will increasingly be saturated with "democratic uprisings" in other countries - but don't allow them to distract you from following closely what is happening in Egypt and Tunisia.

Sorry, if I've ruined your day... And I too hope I am completely wrong about this.

No comments: